Search Help Topics
- From any page, hover your mouse cursor over the Email tab and click Compose Email. Or, on the right hand side of the page, click the "Compose Email" link. You will be directed to the Compose Email page.
- REQUIRED. Select the inmate your wish to send an email to from the dropdown. If the inmate does not appear in the dropdown, click "Search for an inmate". Follow the instructions on that page.
- REQUIRED. Type the desired subject. The number of characters (including spaces) is limited to 150.
- REQUIRED. Type the desired message in the message body. The number of characters (including spaces) will be limited. A countdown will be displayed on the bottom left hand side of the page.
Note: If pasting information, all formatting (size, color, etc.) will be removed.
Note: At the bottom of the page it will indicate how many characters (including spaces) remain. You will not be allowed to type past that limit.
Note: All misspelled words will be highlighted. If you have exceeded the maximum number of misspellings allowed, the misspelling count on the bottom of the page will turn red and you will be unable to send the email. Corrections to misspellings will be required to send the email. Upon manual review a facility may still reject an email based upon the number of misspellings.
Note: While on the compose page, emails are automatically saved every 5 seconds. If you leave the page between saves, anything entered since the last save may be lost. Wait for "Saved" to flash at the bottom of the page before navigating away from the page or closing the browser window. Only one unsent email can be saved at a time.
- Click "Send" to immediately send the email.
Note: If you have any misspellings, a warning message will indicate that misspelling could potentially lead to rejection. You will still be charged an e-stamp.
Note: If you do not have enough e-stamps to send the email, a warning message will appear. Click "Buy Stamps" if you wish to buy e-stamps. You will be directed to the Buy Stamps page and your email will be saved. If you do not wish to buy e-stamps at this time, click "Cancel".
Not all facilities allow inmates to reply to emails electronically. In addition, those facilities that allow inmates to reply to emails may only permit certain inmates to do so. Under the main menu navigation tab Email, if you see an Inbox option the facility may allow your inmate to reply to emails electronically but this is not always the case. In the case that the inmate cannot reply electronically to an email, the inmate can reply using standard mail.
Yes. Open the previously sent email and click "Resend" in the upper right hand corner. A warning will indicate that opening a previously sent email may overwrite an existing draft. In addition, it will cost one e-stamp to resend the email.
- Under the main menu navigation tab Email, click Email Transaction History. All purchases, uses, and transfers (if applicable) will be displayed.
- To view purchased e-stamps receipts, click on the linked portion of the transaction under the Activity column. You will be directed to the Purchase Receipts page for that particular transaction.
Unsent emails are automatically saved; however, only one unsent email can be saved at a time. Emails are automatically saved during composition. If you leave the page between saves, anything entered since the last save may be lost. Wait for "Saved" to flash at the bottom of the page before navigating away from the page or closing the browser window.
To access an unsent email, from any page, hover your mouse cursor over the Email tab and click Compose Email. Or, on the right hand side of the page, click the "Compose Email" link. You will be directed to the Compose Email page.
- From any page, hover your mouse cursor over the Email tab and click Buy Stamps.
- Select the stamp package you would like to purchase.
- On the Choose Credit/Debit Card you will be asked to Add a new card. Click "Next". If you have saved a card to your profile, it will allow you to select the previously saved card.
- On the Add new Credit/Debit Card page, enter the charge card's information and the billing address associated with the card. If you wish to save the card to your profile for future use, check the Save This Card For Future Use checkbox.
Note: If you are using a prepaid debit card, prior to submitting the card please follow the instructions that came with the card to register it for online purchases.
- On the Choose Credit/Debit Card page review your card selection. Click "Next".
- On the Confirmation Page, review the refund policy listed in the yellow informational box at the top of the page.
- Enter the charge card's CCV (CVV or CV2) code.
- Click the checkbox to confirm that you agree to the Refund Policy.
- When the information displayed is correct, click the "Submit" button.
If the transaction is complete, you will be directed to the Purchase Receipts page. In addition to the confirmation email, a receipt will be sent to the email address you have on file.
Click "Compose Email" to return to a previously unsent email.
No. E-stamps never expire.
An email may be rejected by the facility based upon content and/or misspellings. A rejection reason may be provided. To view the rejection reason (if made available), open the rejected email; the rejection reason will appear in a blue dialog box near the top of the email.
Once an email is sent, it will appear in the Sent folder. You can check the status of the email by clicking on the sent email. The status will appear in the email header. In addition, sent emails will appear in either one of the Rejected, Awaiting Review, or Approved for Delivery folders.
Ask a Question
Use the form below to ask a question