June 23, 2014
We believe the acquisition by GTL will expedite the release of new technologies and functionality for both GTL and Renovo’s customers.
Reston, Virginia – June 23, 2014 – Global Tel*Link (GTL), the leading provider of integrated correctional technology solutions, announces that it has signed an agreement to acquire Renovo Software, the leading provider of video visitation and visitation management solutions, which furthers the mission of being the single source provider of integrated technology and services for the corrections market.
In 2012, GTL and Renovo formed a strategic partnership after an exhaustive evaluation process of major video visitation companies in the corrections industry.
As a result of that evaluation, GTL’s decision to partner with Renovo was based on:
- Reputation in the market
- Comprehensiveness of the solution for all types of visitation
- Feature set & flexibility to configure solutions based on customers’ requirements
- Number of customer deployments across all facility sizes
- Customer satisfaction
- Hardware neutrality and non-proprietary video technologies
- Scalability and proven track record with complex customers
- Ability to integrate with GTL’s technology platforms and solutions
Over the last eighteen months, the power of the integration and customer acceptance has been tremendous. With the acquisition of Renovo, GTL will leverage Renovo’s video, scheduling and software development expertise to expand its solution offerings for corrections’ applications, tele-medicine, courtroom and distance learning. Equally as important, GTL will also acquire Renovo’s substantial intellectual capital and intellectual property.
For over a decade, Renovo’s extensive customer base have provided input and feedback that has resulted in continuous improvement and refinement of their product. The outcome of this development has resulted in the leading provider of visitation management solutions as evidenced by the following industry leading metrics:
- More than 8,000 visitation stations and over 2.5 million visits managed per year.
- Most video visitation customers installed and operational
- Unmatched reputation in the industry- first customer was deployed in 2003 and is still a great customer and reference
- Deployed in most of the country’s largest county jails including Los Angeles County
- Over 10 years of customer driven feature enhancements has created the most comprehensive visitation management platform in the industry
- Handles virtually all the unique visitation requirements for Federal and State DOCs
- Can efficiently handle all types of visitation; contact, face-to-face, professional, video and at home.
- Selected and promoted by Cisco Connected Justice as their official and only visitation management solution.
Renovo Software’s co-owners Tim Eickhoff and Tim Skaja commented “We believe the acquisition by GTL will expedite the release of new technologies and functionality for both GTL and Renovo’s customers. Additionally, the additional R&D and sales resources provided by GTL will significantly increase the deployments of cloud based solutions provided by GTL and globally by Cisco’s Connected Justice team. We, along with our employees, look forward to becoming part of the GTL team.”
Jeffrey Haidinger, President and COO of GTL, remarked “We continue our integration of voice, video, case management, inmate communication services, investigation and data mining tools while moving our entire product portfolio into the cloud. As the market leader in corrections video, Renovo plays an important and strategic role in the execution of our vision. We welcome Messrs. Eickhoff and Skaja to GTL’s executive team.”
The acquisition of Renovo Software by GTL, two leaders in their respective fields, streamlines visitation for friends and family as well as provides cost effective video visitation and advanced scheduling solutions for correctional facilities. The acquisition by GTL is another example of its commitment to invest the necessary resources to be the market leader and continuously strive to further technological advancements in the corrections industry.
Renovo Software is a leading developer of software solutions for the video communications industry. The Minneapolis-based company designs, develops and supports software solutions that schedule, automate, and manage complex video networks. Applications include video visitation, courtroom arraignment, distance learning, telemedicine, and business videoconferencing. For more information, visit http://www.renovosoftware.com.
About Global Tel*Link
As the leading provider of integrated correctional technology solutions, GTL provides service to approximately fifty percent of inmates nationwide, including service to 29 State Departments of Corrections and 15 of the 25 largest city/county facilities. To contact GTL or to speak to a representative of GTL, please visit our website http://www.gtl.net or call toll-free 800-489-4500.