Software Engineer Level 1
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and enhance java based services and web applications to meet given requirement and design specifications in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain C / C++ client applications.
- Provide technical support to testing and support teams on developed products.
- Maintain developed products.
- Candidate should have the following technical skillset:
- 4+ years of Java experience
- 2+ years of C/C++ experience (preferred)
- HTML / CSS
- Qualified candidate needs to have a strong technical background and/or aptitude
- Team player with the ability to work independently and cooperatively with others
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Work experience with one or more of the following libraries / toolkits:
- Apache Tapestry
- Hibernate Persistence / JPA
- Apache ActiveMQ JMS
- JAXB / JAX-WS / REST
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Tapestry Web Development framework
- Hibernate Persistence framework
- Oracle, PostgreSQL and Microsoft SQL server
- Knowledge of networking concepts
- Experience with video communications technologies (H.323 / SIP / RTSP)
- Linux experience
- 6+ years of development experience